Fundraising for the 3-Day

Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Walk for Fertility

It seems like most of the people I know either just had a baby or are currently pregnant.  While I am so happy for them, it makes me feel kind of sad.  My husband and I have been trying to have another baby since our daughter was three.  It's been four years and still nothing.

When I was 16, I was diagnosed with PCOS (Poly-Cystic Ovary Syndrome); basically, I don't ovulate very often at all.  I was told that it would be very difficult for me to have children without help.  We are so lucky that we were able to have our daughter so easily.

We started to look into our fertility treatment options but, even with insurance, it is VERY expensive.  And add on to that the fact that you could pay all that money and still have nothing to show for it; it's just heartbreaking.

One glimmer of hope my doctor gave me is the fact that if I could lose some of the weight I have gained (mostly due to the PCOS), I could hopefully begin to ovulate more regularly again.  That is another good thing about doing this walk.

To physically be able to walk 60 miles in just 3 days, I will definitely have to train and I will have to train HARD.  It's all this training that will help me achieve my weight loss goal.  And with the weight loss, this training may also result in my husband and I finally having a second child.  Our daughter may finally get a sibling.

So, while I am so happy for everyone who is fortunate to be able to have children so easily, I just hope they all realize how truly blessed they are.

Once again, thanks for reading!  And I welcome any weight loss tips!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment