Fundraising for the 3-Day

Friday, January 28, 2011

Yet Another Reason

So today I went to the doctor for my annual physical and I received some shocking news.  Apparently, on top of the PCOS, I now have high cholesterol (high enough where she wants me to take meds) and I am borderline diabetic, too.  Needless to say, this came as a shock to me.

At 29 years old, I didn't think I would have to worry about stuff like this yet.  I'm not too worried about it at this point though.  I know I can turn this around.

My plan now is to not only continue training for the 3-Day but to also train for life.  I am going to make some life changes so I can live more of an active and healthy lifestyle.

The first step in this change is to sign up for Weight Watchers.  I mean, let's face it, it's a lot more motivating when you know you're going to have to face a weekly weigh-in.  Plus, they'll be able to coach me on eating in a more healthy manner.

The second step is to make a promise to myself to exercise for at least an hour EVERY DAY!

Along with walking 60 miles in 3 days, I WILL change my lifestyle!  I know that with the love and support of my family and friends, I can accomplish ANYTHING!

Please, feel free to leave me your feedback!

1 comment:

  1. I think that is very inspiring and You are a amazing woman for everything you Have been doing for the breast cancer Fund raisers and for your self. You are Definitely someone your family should be proud to have in their life, and someone anyone could look up to and make a small change in their life to maybe better their situation. Go Amanda!!

    ReplyDelete